Are you tired of hiding your smiles in pictures and videos? Do you feel drawn to hiding that toothy smile on a first date? Do you sometimes dream of flashing a set of pearly whites that could possibly outshine the sun? If yes, then you’re well aware of the benefits that come with whiter and brighter smiles.
However, the path to achieving it can be a bit foggy. So, if you’re in search of a dentist who offers the best teeth whitening services in Puyallup, Tacoma, Graham, and nearby areas, then consider yourself lucky as you’re in the right place. This blog recommends why professional teeth whitening is a brilliant choice and just might be the ticket to a confident smile!
The Science Behind Teeth Discoloration
Tooth discoloration can occur for different reasons, and the science behind it could be complicated for some.
Extrinsic(external) discoloration occurs from dental stains on the tooth’s outer surface. They’re often caused by smoking, chewing tobacco, consuming dark-colored foods and drinks, or poor oral hygiene. These stains can be removed through home teeth whitening and other procedures, including teeth whitening kits and products.
In contrast, intrinsic(internal) discoloration originates within the tooth. Genetics, dental trauma, medications like tetracycline, antibiotics, or excessive fluoride during initial tooth development are all probable factors. These are more challenging to treat and may require professional guidance and assistance.
However, the top dentists in Tacoma, Puyallup, and Graham strongly recommend professional teeth whitening for both extrinsic and intrinsic dental stains.
Factors like aging and poor lifestyle choices also come into play as the enamel thins, revealing the yellowish dentin underneath. Once you understand the science behind discoloration with an expert, you’ll be much more at ease figuring out the appropriate procedures(from customized treatment plans to take-home whitening kits).
Benefits of Professional Teeth Whitening
- Improved Oral Health: Professional teeth whitening is performed under the guidance and supervision of dental professionals, making sure your oral health isn’t compromised during the whole process. It removes stains and discoloration from your teeth, making them appear brighter and healthier. Additionally, it also helps reduce the risk of cavities and other oral health problems.
- Cost Effective: As mentioned earlier, there are quite a few options you can pick from. You can DIY using some store-bought products like teeth whitening strips, kits, toothpaste, and solutions. While these home teeth whitening treatments seem convenient at first sight, you could end up paying much more for something that doesn’t work as well as advertised.
Compared to over-the-counter options available in the market, professional teeth whitening is much more affordable and often provides more lasting and effective results, making it cost-efficient in the long run.
- Long-lasting: Professional teeth whitening treatments produce longer-lasting and more durable results than home kits, as they penetrate deeper into the tooth enamel and are more resilient against any kind of future staining. It also lasts for years with the correct aftercare, as professional teeth whiteners include higher concentrations of bleaching agents than OTC kits.
- Superior results in quick treatment time: Professional teeth whitening procedures can whiten your teeth by about eight shades in one hour. In comparison, OTC kits and solutions need a consistent regular application for several weeks or months just to lighten your teeth by merely one to two shades.
- Natural-looking, whiter teeth: A bright, natural-looking, pearly white smile is one of the main benefits of professional treatments. They also aim for a natural-looking, even shade of white, avoiding an unnatural or overly bright appearance.
- No risk of sensitivity: If you’re someone dreaming of nice, white teeth but are scared of teeth sensitivity, professional treatments are your best friend! They minimize sensitivity during and after the whitening procedure by using desensitizing agents and personalizing treatments to your specific needs.
Effectiveness and Efficiency
Professional teeth whitening treatments are more efficient and effective than OTC options as they use high concentrations of stronger whitening agents like hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide. Peroxide can partially penetrate within the layers of the teeth and remove compounds that cause staining and discoloration.
They’re also safer than at-home procedures to whiten your teeth as they’re carried out under the supervision of expert dentists. This minimizes the risk of damage to your gums and teeth.
Additionally, dentists in Puyallup, Graham, and Tacoma can tailor the treatment to the patient’s specific needs while accounting for factors like the severity of stains and discoloration and how sensitive their teeth are. Such personalized approach and care often yield effective results.
Supervision by Dental Experts
As mentioned, the supervision and guidance of a seasoned dentist are important to ensure the safety, effectiveness, and customization of professional teeth whitening procedures. The whole process usually covers the following points,
- Consultation: The patient begins their journey with a full discussion with the dentist, who aims to better understand their objectives to create a laser teeth whitening strategy.
- Preparation: Before the procedure, specialists evaluate your teeth’s readiness for dental bleaching and whitening.
- Dental treatment: Finally, the professional teeth whitening procedure takes place.
- Monitoring: Throughout the whole process, the dentist monitors the patient’s development to ensure the safety and success of the intended treatment.
- Final Results: Finally, the patient has a natural-looking, pearly-white smile.
The safest and most effective way to whiten your teeth is to seek an experienced and professional dentist. Top dentists in Graham, Tacoma, and Puyallup comply with all the necessary regulations and only proceed with the treatment after proper oral health assessment and diagnosis.
They also educate patients about the treatment and supervise the whole process. This first-hand approach especially benefits people with teeth sensitivity and other dental problems.
Professional Guidance and Aftercare
Once the teeth whitening procedure is complete, dental experts provide instructions on post-whitening care and any potential side effects. Usually, they provide the following aftercare tips,
- Avoid staining food and drinks
- No smoking
- Maintain proper oral hygiene
- Use a paper straw.
- Routine dental checkups
- Touch-up treatments
- Desensitizing products
Following the aftercare tips suggested by professionals can extend the duration of your pearly-white smile.
Boost in Confidence and Self-Esteem
Studies show that whiter and brighter teeth are often associated with attractiveness, and people with white teeth are perceived to be more social, friendly, and clever. A warm, beaming smile is beneficial in more ways than one. Professional teeth whitening is easy and affordable to boost your confidence and self-esteem.
With whiter, brighter teeth, you feel happier about your overall natural appearance. Not only for whiter teeth, the treatment also helps you maintain oral hygiene effectively. The dentists optimize and curate your dental habits, which can add to the brightness and freshness of your teeth.
Need Professional Help? Get Consultation from Meridian South Family Dentistry
Are you tired of brushing and flossing your teeth for hours in hopes of whiter teeth? You’re not alone. Dentists in Tacoma, Puyallup, and Graham recommend individuals with severely stained teeth to undergo professional teeth whitening treatment and procedures.
You can improve the appearance and look of your smile with Meridian South Family Dentistry. With their cosmetic dentistry expertise, cutting-edge procedures and methods, and customized approaches, you’ll have a new smile that shines confidence and radiance.
For further information, you can give them a call at 253 847 4388.